Sunday, June 12, 2011

Back From Howard Days

I returned from Howard Days a few hours ago and have been playing catch up on email and other online things.  I stayed at my parents' house in Breckenridge, like I usually do.  (Their internet connection was shot, hence the playing catch-up now, and the repairman didn't show up when scheduled.)  It's an hour's drive away, but the rate I get on the room is good and I can make the trip into a family trip that I sneak off from to go to Cross Plains.  Unfortunately I tend to miss the late conversations at the Pavilion.  I've driven and slept at the same time before, and it's not an experience I want to repeat.  I'll be posting a report over the next couple of days.  I took plenty of pictures (until the battery on my camera died; it had gotten turned on without my realizing it).  Afterwards, I had to use the camera on my phone.  Those will be going up over the next few days.

3 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to go for a few years now, ever since I first heard of it. I think I might actually make it next year. Bring on the pic(t)s! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Keith!

    It was a pleasure meeting you, and climbing to the top of Caddo Peak together.

    Best,
    Miguel

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to meet you as well, Miguel. I'll post the picture of you and Al on Caddo Peak in Part 2 of the Howard Days report.

    ReplyDelete