Tuesday, December 13, 2011

RIP Euan Harvey

I've been mostly buried in finals and haven't checked the internet much over the past few days, so I didn't hear about Euan Harvey's passing from cancer until a couple of hours ago.  For those of you who don't recognize the name, Euan was an up and coming author whose work I greatly enjoyed.  He wrote the type of fantasy I most like to read, sword and sorcery and adventure oriented fantasy.  He had work appearing in two issues of Realms of Fantasy this past year which I reviewed, April and June.  In both cases, I felt he had one of the better stories in the issue.  He was also a contributor to Home of Heroics

John O'Neill has posted a tribute at Black Gate in which states there is a Harvey story forthcoming in the next issue.  If you haven't read his work, try to track some of it down.  It's worth it. 

He will be missed.

Damn it, enough dying already.  I'm getting tired of posting obituaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment